Photo by Garbo Productions
Feeding four-year-olds is hard enough, throw celiac disease into the mix and this becomes a very daunting task. We explore gluten free options at home and in the San Francisco Bay Area and put them up against the toughest critics around... my kids.

10/16/10

My site was inspired...



My girlfriend, Kim, came over for lunch and we started discussing gluten free food and what I cook for my children who have celiac disease. She maintains a gluten free lifestyle and has helped me learn so much. After talking with her last week, she inspired me to create this blog. She also invited me to check out this new grocery store opening up soon which is dedicated to having a complete gluten free inventory. It opens Halloween day and we are excited to see what they have to offer.  We will both be blogging on this site to share what we learn with you.

The picture displayed behind my title, "Gluten Free Teacups" was borrowed from this site, as seen in this post on stylemepretty. I am using it  until I can take pictures of my own of GF cupcakes in tea cups. I love to have tea parties with my daughter, Audrey, and her little girlfriends. Since college, I have indulged in going to tea with friends. I also have enjoyed all the delicate pastries that I have created and purchased; but I didn't want my daughter to miss out on an opportunity to go to tea with friends. So we love to have friends over for tea parties, dress up and indulge on fabulous gluten free tea cakes and scones. The content of this website was born from the idea of creating safe eating experiences for her as we play.  As my daughter enjoys "tea time" with her friends, I hope to show you some of her favorite gluten free treats. I am also grateful to my neighbor Cheryl who has given me so many ideas to create this site. 


By the way, Audrey's twin brother, Sam, also has celiac disease and lives on a gluten free diet. He indulges in "pop" parties while Audrey has her "tea parties" just to be fair.  He helps me pop popcorn, pour the soda pop, decorate with tootsie pops, as well as bring out the bubble maker to pop bubbles. We sometimes use the tee ball to pop balls in the yard or in the living room as we celebrate life with good company.

This is one of my favorite books, "My Very First Tea Party." 


2 comments:

  1. Katie has been promised a grand prize of a tea party with her friends when she reads 100 books (she gets smaller rewards along the way though).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how I missed that you made this new site. And I also don't know how I missed that Sam has celiac too. Anyway, super great site. I'm sure I have readers with celiac or who have kids with celiac. I'll have to put up a link soon. :)

    ReplyDelete