Photo by Garbo Productions
Feeding four-year-olds is hard enough, throw celiac disease into the mix and this becomes a very daunting task. We explore gluten free options at home and in the San Francisco Bay Area and put them up against the toughest critics around... my kids.

11/2/10

Halloween and Chocolate Molds


We love using Wiltons chocolate melts to make forms for our cupcakes. I use my crockpot to melt the chocolate and have the kids use spoons to fill a mold. Tap the mold so the chocolate sets then place in the freezer. After a few minutes they are ready to use and decorate. These chocolate bat molds for Halloween came from Michaels and it was a hit with the kids.

Here is a blog mystorminateacup.blogspot.com  that gives more info on this fabulous idea.  The best part is they are gluten free and the chocolate seems to last forever. I don't believe I saw an expiration date on the package. I may have to add a bag to my earthquake preparedness supplies.

1 comment:

  1. Yum! I love this idea.

    Mark and I just restocked our 72-hour kids w/ grocery store foods last night, and we were commenting that it would be more challenging to do that with gluten-free foods.

    ReplyDelete